Kirk, thanks for the help.

I assumed that Modbus was a more capable way of communicating with the VFD.
Maybe that assumption is wrong and now technology has moved past it. If
it's not going to be be any more accurate or provide any more feedback from
the VFD to lcnc then maybe it's pointless. I was going to leave it till
later but then I noticed that the newer version had support for it. I just
thought there were extra benefits there that weren't available with just
the I/O of the Mesa board (which would be a heck of a lot easier).