On 10/17/2015 09:47 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> So I went to Shop & Save & got the only re-usable mouse
> traps they had, the other choices being sticky pads or
> DeCon. Made out of thin galvanized steel these days, a
> very very poor design. I've been bending parts around to
> make them more sensitive, but so far all I am doing is
> furnishing a 2 location daily buffet of peanut butter,
Plain peanut butter doesn't work.  What you need is chunky.
The peanut butter smell attracts them, but you have to embed
a chuck of peanut in the claw of the Victor traps with the
metal trip part. When they try to dig that chunk of peanut
out, then the trap will trip.  When I detect mice around, I
freshly bait the traps, and usually hear a snap within 20
minutes.

Jon