On 11/3/2015 8:12 AM, Bruce Layne wrote:
> For example, printing
> US Postal System shipping labels (via PayPal, via Pitney Bowes, using
> their Java craplet) is fraught with peril.  Dragons be here!  But who
> knows?  It might work in Debian... for a week or two.

Does this really surprise anyone??  USPS has a hard time getting mail to
the right address let alone actually writing code.

I use Stamps.com software to print postage and I have the latest version
running on Windows and every time I run it, I get a scripting error that
I have to ignore.  It has been like that for years
over multiple revisions!   And yes, the software is blessed by USPS.
:-(    But I figure if it works at all, it is better than waiting in
line at the post office or trying to figure out their latest hours of
operation which are geared to evade us pesky customers.

Dave

---