Way back at the start of this email, someone was talking about different
DEs. I personally have been running Bodhi linux, an Ubuntu derived distro,
for a few years. The lead Dev recently posted a blog about installing
moksha, an Enlightenment derivative, on Debian Jessie. Enlightenment does
things differently, but, it is quite light on resources. I believe
something like lxde is comparable.