On 6 April 2016 at 09:53, Marshland Engineering
<marshl...@marshland.co.nz> wrote:

> The only way I can get any control over the travel is setting P = 0.5 which of
> course makes the position accuracy poor.

I am not sure that that necessarily follows. The P term is correct
when it is correct, there isn't a target value.
You should be able to correct steady-state errors by adding I. You may
be able to damp the oscillations with a little bit of D (expect D to
be a tiny fraction of P)

--
atp
lunatics."