I finally have my mill table moving under CNC control.

I'm using a 70 volt supply with DCM D6 drives in Torque mode, Mesa 7i48 cards,
Linear scales for position and 1.2 kw DC brush motors (my guess on the power
as they are 90 volt motors but no current rating)

The only way I can get any control over the travel is setting P = 0.5 which of
course makes the position accuracy poor. Any more P and I get sever
oscillation.  With the size of motor and the 1m table, there is quite a lot of
inertia in the system.

Anyone suggest starting values or any other suggestions to get this under
control.

Thanks Wallace.