It's mostly the same firmware on the full range (I use a lot of the DM422).

the protuner utilities work with all model (a bunch of different
program, one per model)

The autotune (S4 dip switch) only tune current loop (PI), but most of my
test showed way too aggressive tuning, making this unsuitable.