From: "Gene Heskett" <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:03:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Question on DM860 stepper drivers

On Wednesday 20 April 2016 10:25:47 Claude Froidevaux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Your are most probably in some mechanical resonance. You can try to
> tune the DM860 for this, using the tools from leadshine "protuner"
>
> http://www.leadshine.com/productdetail.aspx?type=products&category=ste
>pper-products&producttype=stepper-drives&series=DM&model=DM870
>
> Claude

That leads to a different driver, one I've never seen advertised yet,
which reads as if it may be "next generation" software in it, says auto
tune, which the MA860 has none of.

Its also, about $132, 2x the MA860.  What I just ordered may be better,
and since I ordered a dual shaft motor, I can put a damper on it.
At 4.4 mh connected bipolar-parallel, compared to the 23mh of this one,
it ought to fairly scream for rapids once I get the counterweight
springs sorted.