> theres so much interest in 5 axis and non cartesian kins,
> and heres is my proposal: force us to take a tour outside
> our comfort zone!, can it be merged in a new config category
> with an EXPERIMENTAL label?  more people we have involved,
> the better.

No forcing, because there is _existing_ support for
using/testing _any_ non-mainline branch like joints_axes.

The joints_axes branch (currently joints_axes13) can be
installed using the buildbot for 'scratch' debs for
numerous supported operating systems and architectures.
Instructions are on the buildbot homepage:

   http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org

Important updating notes are maintained in the LinuxCNC
'getting-started' guide in the 'updating-LinuxCNC' section.
The link to html docs for scratch branches like joints_axesNN
changes after every new set of commits. The scratch build
docs can be found at:

  buildbot.linuxcnc.org/doc/

For example, from a recent build, the html docs start at:

  buildbot.linuxcnc.org/doc/scratch/v2.8.0...-axes13~12df108/html

The updating-linuxcnc section is:

  buildbot.linuxcnc.org/doc/scratch/v2.8.0...dating-linuxcnc.html

There are a number of 5axis kinematics modules available, a
recent contribution implements 'Table-Rotary/Tilting 5 axis
configurations.

Ref:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh9eCupbsso

 http://imgur.com/8g3EMcE