Hi Sarah

> i'm looking at my renishaw probes...

I don't know much about the Renishaw siganls jet. I want to take a
closer look, but didn't find the time yet.

However I thought I quickly mention that, at least my Renishaw probe has
two different modes of operation, one compatible with the order
interfaces and one for the more modern ones. It can be changes by a
deflection the stylus in certain way after inserting the batteries. And
the old mode mentioned to have 'no modulation' while the one is with
modulation. It might be easier to decode the old protocol, or at least
it might be worth taking a look at both. My probe is currently running
the old protocol for a old OMI.

See you
Florian