Thanks Todd, your suggestion lead me to the issue.  Turns out PNConfig sets the
P term to 1000 (and Deadband to 0.0) at which point I got a terrible nose from
the motors.  Setting the P term down to 10, and setting Deadband to 0.0005 has
it running quite smoothly.  Now to run Halscope and get the tuning right…

-Tom