On Tuesday 22 August 2017 16:03:45 andy pugh wrote:

> On 22 August 2017 at 13:57, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> > The "axis.py" file this patch apply's to, does not exist in the
> > latest (as of yesterday) 2.8-pre install on my raspberry pi running
> > jessie.
>
> If the file doesn't exist then you won't be able to run the Axis GUI,
> so the cursor problem seem immaterial.
>
> (Have you looked in usr/bin ?)

There is a file named axis there, but Kompare cannot make a showing of
what the patch would do using that "axis" as the src file.

Calling kompare with nothing but the patch file shows the comparison just
fine, but appears to pull the source file out of thin air, it does not
exist on this machine that I can find.  Some sort of black magic?

So if I move this patch to the armhf/jessie machine, how would I go about
pulling a fresh git image,(or updating the about 60 day old copy I
have), actually applying the patch, then building and installing what I
believe is a uspace install over the top of the current 2.8.0-pre*****
install?

Thanks Andy.