On Friday 25 August 2017 02:58:29 Andy Pugh wrote:

> > On 24 Aug 2017, at 09:00, suavesteve <suavest...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Just a thought, but after you applied the patch, you did rebuild /
> > install?
>
> It would probably suffice to patch /use/bin/axis directly.

The one helpfull patch applier I know about is kompare.  But thats part
of kde and that install drags in over 300 megabyte of kde for
dependencies.

This jessie/armhf install is just about the minimum lightdm version,
enough to make X run albeit not uber-fawncy.

So in that case, do I even have a gui for looking at .diff files?

I found meld and installed it, but all it could do was copy the diff over
the original file. Fortunately I had sense enough to make a backup.
Since I had the backup, I renamed axis to axis.py, and let patch -p1
<0001-[tab] take a whack at it.  The axis.py looked good in geany, so I
copied it over axis and then ran linuxcnc -l again.  I cannot see
anything else effected by the patch, but I CAN now edit in the mdi box
using the lft-rt-arrow keys to position the curser to where I want to
edit. IOW, it works.

Merge it please.

Now if I can find whats resetting the key repeat interval from 200 ms and
usable, back to 2ms the next morning without a reboot, that would be one
more step to bliss.

Since the wifi also feeds noise into the input circuit, and that path
bypasses the usb2 pinhole, along with some I assume is from wlan0, which
does go tru the pinhole, I added a couple turn off commands
to /boot/config.txt to turn off bluetooth and wlan0, after giving up on
finding the keyboard or mouse with the bluetoothctl utility. The
keyboard and mouse seem to be considerably less subject to missed
events.  That took a cold reboot, and the keyboard was so bad it took me
about 10 minutes worth of pecking to get the word "reboot" in the
buffer, and to actually do it, keyboard except for the repeat speed,
seems to be 100% now.

Thanks everybody.