I got no joy on this one, or I don't understand the expected result of the patch.

In 2.7.8 that I pulled/built a few months back. Changes appear to apply just fine, but when scrolling through the history list I can't press home, left, right, end, etc to begin edittng.

Turns out insert works, which I didn't know previously. I restored the pre-patch axis.py and tested again, insert works there as well, so no actual change. But having any key that lets me get into edit mode is all I really needed. The choice of insert seems a little dubious to me.