Ok guys
Here's some more info on my problem.
I am very new to cnc so bare with me.
For example: Let say I want to cut a 10mm OD. The first part will be spot
on. The second will be 15 microns under and the third will be 15 microns
over and so it fluctuates with no definate repeatablility.
I have checked the x axis and my backlash is only 5 microns so the
mechanical side is ruled out.

Here are some perameters from the .ini file
Dirsetup is 2500
Dirhold is 2500
Steplen 5000
Stepspace 5000
Stepscale -322 on a 2.5mm ballscrew.
Using a leadshine D808 drive.

I have been battling with this for 8 weeks with no success.

Any help from you will be appreciated.

Awaiting your responce.

Best regards.

Johann Beukes

On 28 Aug 2017 14:47, "Gene Heskett" <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

On Monday 28 August 2017 07:52:14 jeremy youngs wrote:

> My 860 drives gave me a very hard time early on.only much sifting
> through the Chenglish did I realize the drive steps on the rise and
> fall. Requiring 1/2 the steps calculated.

I have not found that to be the case here with a 'DM'860. Odd indeed.
The only comment I'd make is that the microstep current mapping is
somewhat less than ideal.  It might be enlightening to put a scope probe
on the supply lines? Perhaps its ringing with the changes in current
draw?  Just a SWAG mind you.