On Monday 08 January 2018 08:22:41 Mark wrote:

> On 01/08/2018 02:28 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 January 2018 22:24:17 dave wrote:
> >> https://books.google.com/books?id=JR-efIBvAH0C&pg=PA274&lpg=PA274&d
> >>q=C
> >> BN+reactivity&source=bl&ots=0CGSHcznFj&sig=9TIF2ZJpkruVX3kTTWtz3erG
> >>t74&
> >> hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjU49rDssfYAhWk3oMKHSBEDrYQ6AEITzAG#v=onepage&
> >>q=CB N%20reactivity&f=false
> >>
> >> Lots of information to dig thru!  If you go down far enough there
> >> are some comments on coolant for CBN.
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> Dave
> >
> > I was able to read a bit of that, thought about just buying it on
> > dead tree, but not at $200+. Didn't price the ebook version since
> > linux does not have an ebook reader that Just Works.
> >
> > Thanks Dave.
>
> Sure there is.  Just got to know where to get it:
>
> <https://calibre-ebook.com/>
>
> And the Linux version:
>
> <https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux>

The download and install line from that web page fails instantly when drag
copied to a user bash shell.

gene@coyote:~$ sudo -v && wget -nv -O-
https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import
sys;
main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read());
main()"
[sudo] password for gene:
Cannot specify both -k and -O if multiple URLs are given, or in combination
with -p or -r. See the manual for details.

Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...
Download failed

I personally do not see the -k option being given anyplace in the above
command line. So the error makes no sense to me.

As I said, linux does NOT have a universal ebook reader.

The ebooks I have bought, have cost me over $50 so far, and the distros
versions of calibre have yet to read even one of them.  So pardon me
for being skeptical while quoting the whole transaction above.

But thanks for the link(s)

The calibre I currently have installed, version unk because it doesn't
have such a critter in its about or help screens, reads a pdf just fine,
but does not even show an e-pub thats present in the same directory.
And it cannot the pdf on deat tree from the pdf w/o a huge waste of
paper and ink, apparently totally ignoring what the printer says it can
do.

FWIW I have 2, one being a cheap very fast brother b&w laser, letter
size paper only, and a MFCJ6920DW brother ink squirter, slow, but can
do up to 11x17 duplex.

So obviously I don't use it, evince or okular both work far better. Works
great on rockhopper output run thru ps2poster though.

> Been using this for years as a way to organize all my ebooks.  It will
> also convert the ebook format to the one your other readers use, and
> you can upload the ebooks to your Kindle, Nook or other device using a
> USB cable from your computer to the reader.  Very stable, the
> developer is quite responsive to issues, and just for you Gene, it
> Just Works. Currently installed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS here in the frozen
> water pipe cave.

We're having a heat wave, 38F when I woke up, but I see its down to 34F
at the airport 20 NE of here now at 11:25. Maybe your pipes will thaw
today, hopefully w/o bursting.

> Mark

I am glad it works for you Mark, but it doesn't work here as anything
but a pretty face pdf /only/ viewer.