On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 18:00, Tomaz T. <tomaz_...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to add two physical knobs for adjusting Feed Override and Rapid
> Override. Are there any caracteristics I should be aware of, befre ordering
> cheapest one from ebay? Any suggestions?

I use the cheapest from eBay.

Work out if you want 6 wire or 4 wire. (Does your Pico board support
differential encoders? If it does you want the 6-wire)

There are two main choices, MPG ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/183476117151
) or potentiometer-style encoder ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/152204137441
)
Both will work, the smaller ones can be had with an additional
push-switch which could be used to cycle between spindle and feed (for
example)

Do you need waterproofing? That costs extra.

--
atp
lunatics."