On 10/25/2018 05:59 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 20:48, Kenneth Lerman <kenneth.ler...@se-ltd.com> wrote:

At any rate, Gene brings up a real problem should be solvable with a simple
tool.
One fly in the ointment is that I don't think anything knows which
function reads inputs and which writes outputs for each component.

MOST hal components do it all in one shot. Generally, only the ones related to complicated I/O devices like Pico Systems and Mesa boards have a separate read and write functions that require TWO ADDF lines. (The software encoder has two functions that are typically run in separate THREADS, that's another whole complication.) At least for the Pico PPMC devices, you do the read function as the VERY first thing in the thread, and the write as the last.

Jon