about weldon shank
https://tinyurl.com/yyxlreku

On 04/19/2019 06:52 AM, Andy Pugh wrote:
On 19 Apr 2019, at 00:47, Ken Strauss <ken.stra...@gmail.com> wrote: there is no obvious way that the threads would achieve that level of concentricity.
You can still register on the taper. Solid “collets” and off-the-shelf nuts seem so obvious that I am puzzled that I have never found them. It solves the tool length puzzle at a stroke.
I dont understandwhat it solves about tool length.
I dont see the Weldon ensuring same tool length when tool bit is exchanged.
I do see it can repeat the tool length of a given pair of collet and tool-in-solid-collet.
I have 10 collet-nut pairs eoc8a coming in post( for a Kress spindle )
5 with 3.175 collet, 5 with 6mm collet,
supposed to be .008mm concentricity.

BTW the Kress has an atc spindle addon ( a nose that fits over existing spindle )
https://tinyurl.com/y5zwlagb
*
*tomp