Not really directly LinuxCNC related.

I have a question in general about the building of the ISO30 units.  Would it
not be prudent to first make a ISO30 chuck for the lathe?   One that matches
the taper of the milling machine spindle.  Then just cut the tooling in the 3
jaw to first create the taper on each piece.  Once the taper cut and draw bar
end is threaded one could install the ISO30 chuck and mount each blank.  The
internal bore would then be concentric with the taper.

And if you used oil hardening tool steel. Cut the taper and the two slots.
Harden that end and grind the taper smooth.  Fit it into the chuck and bore the
tool holders or collet holder side?  Or harden the whole thing and then also
finish grind the bore or collet taper with a tool post grinder on the lathe?

And if you can create a taper chuck for the lathe is there any reason one
couldn't create a new mill spindle with that taper to replace an R8 spindle?

John