> I make boards that use the parallel port as a communications
> channel for motion control.
> These use the IEEE-1284 (EPP) mode for faster communication.
>
> Right now, I'm selling the Syba SD-PEX10005 board with
> MOSCHIP MCS9900CV-AA.
> It appears that the MOSCHIP MCS9901 chips also work fine.
> These are PCIe chips.
> Siig PCIe boards with the OXPCIe952 chip work with later
> versions of the Pico Systems hal_ppmc driver (mostly
> LinuxCNC 2.7 versions.)
>

> For PCI, I recommend the Siig Cyberparallel boards.  These
> use the Oxford OX9162 chip.
> Also, generic boards with the NetMos 9835 and MCS9865 work,
> with an option setting to the hal_ppmc driver for Pico
> Systems boards, it seems that these work fine with other
> drivers.
>
> Sorry, I don't have the Vendor ID and Device ID's handy at
> the moment.  Is there a way to show this P&P info on a
> running system?

Jon,

running the following command will give the Vendor ID and Device ID

lspci -vvknn

vv = verbosity
k = kernel driver loaded
nn = gives both the names and ids of the vendor and device.  The numbers will
be listed as [####:####]

The chipset I have discovered is best read from the chip on the card.

Joe