Haven't look at that site in years.  Really quite nice what they provide as
turnkey solutions.   The beagle bone can also be developed using the TI IDE and
not even have Linux on it.  Given that the user interface runs on WIN-10 it's
not likely to have LinuxCNC under the hood but the Beagle as a hardware
platform that is fully open source makes for a nice $50 controller board with
the two PRUs.  They are using the BB Green.  I forget off hand what the
difference is with the BB Black.

The add on prices for software do look like you might eventually spend well
over $1000.  OTOH, my Altium PCB design software cost more than that as does
the Embarcadero RAD studio for Delphi and C++.  And AlibreCAD and AlibreCAM are
now well over that too.  So the Centroid appears to be a good turnkey solution.
 Probably better than MACH4 for a windows platform but also more expensive.

And of course your stuff or Peters also end up costing far less.  And you don't
have to use WIN-10 which is probably the best part.  The down side is you have
to use Linux.  Ha ha.

John Dammeyer