The Bergerdas have a parameter that identifies the motor attached to the drive.
 They have stock tune values I guess for those.

I found that when I connected the one motor to the X axis that it didn't need
any tuning.  In fact the biggest problem I had with that one was that it seemed
to lose position.  It was only after I re-read the translated manual that I
finally understood I was running in velocity rather than position mode.  As
long as I used the same velocity it always returned to the same spot.  But if I
went slow in one direction and returned fast it didn't return to the same spot.
 In hindsight that made perfect sense.  When I changed to position mode
positioning was perfect.

So  I haven't had to try and tune the drive.

John