Andrew,

Here is a machine of the same make and type as the one I had.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45pwhcvfqr38dfd/Used-Enshu-VMC.jpg?dl=0

It is somewhat different than your machine. My machine didn't have a
bidirectional tool change matrix.

Your machine looks like a larger edition of the Mori Seiki Jr.. I think
Chris Radek used classic ladder on his. I would ask him if he used classic
ladder and see if his files would work on your machine or give you a head
start.

thanks
Stuart

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 3:31 PM andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey andy and stuart
>
> Andy thanks for that logic.  you are right I can include it in classic
> ladder or use the hal component.  last night I actually found this maths on
> the centroid websight just doing google searchs for shortest path
> toolchanger stuff.
> https://www.centroidcnc.com/downloads/centroid_cnc10_PLCMAN.pdf  It looks
> pretty much identical to what you code in the hal component does I think.
> Anyway I got classic ladder going the shortest path in every circumstance
> so far as I can see perfectly now.  I am a happy man  I need to go try it
> on my machine now !  yeha
>
> Stuart
>
> here is my machine I think this video shows the toolchanger pretty well.
> It is basically what is on every side mount toolchanger on the HAAS mills.
> it is a side mounted random pot tool changer and an has a
> arm to exchange the tools between a pot and the spindle. just like your
> type. they are pretty common I think.
> my mill on youtube <https://youtu.be/2h5DRg7TA_k>
>

> I would definitely be interested in seeing how you solved your problem as
> your toolchanger sounds similar to mine.
>
> regards
>
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 11:35 PM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 09:04, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >  it works pretty good if the numbers are 4 and 5 but not if
> > > they are 23 and 0  the magazine goes the long way round and takes ages.
> > >
> > > How would I use your Hal component with this  as you say all I want it
> > > do it chose the correct direction for the shortest path..  I could
> > probably
> > > do it within classic ladder if I could work out the equations.
> >
> > The logic is here:
> >

> https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/src/hal/components/carousel.comp#L267
> >
> > You could copy that in CL or let the carousel comp do its thing.
> >
> > --
> > atp
> > "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> > designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> > lunatics."
> > — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.