I've had good luck with the CUI encoders (Compared to US Digital) on DC Servos
and the HP_UHU drives.  I found I lost position over time with either missing
or extra pulses.  I was using differential signalling.  The CUI dispensed with
that problem.

I was never able to get satisfactory motion from the STMBL driving the same DC
Servo with the US Digital.  I didn't go back to and try the STMBL with the CUI
encoders.

John