On 05/09/2020 01:12 AM, John Dammeyer wrote:
One of the greats in computer science has a series of interesting quotes.
https://www.azquotes.com/author/15849-Niklaus_Wirth

One I really like is:
"The belief that complex systems require armies of designers and programmers is
wrong. A system that is not understood in its entirety, or at least to a significant
degree of detail by a single individual, should probably not be built." ~ Niklaus
Wirth

I often wonder if LinuxCNC has reached this point.

No, the general, overall understanding of LinuxCNC is held by at least several people. I know I don't know all areas of it well. But, the area I work in, I do know fairly well. People like Andy and Robert Ellenberg, as well as Jeff Epler and Chris Radek seem to know a LOT about the internals. John Kasunich built hal and interfaced it to the internals of the old EMC to create EMC2. So, at least these people really
know it WELL.

LinuxCNC has reached a point of complexity that is needed to do CNC tasks on a variety of CNC machine configurations. I do NOT think it is too complex.

Jon