john.  slightly off topic..  I was going to message you direct but thought
others might be interested..

I have been looking at alibre at the moment.

I tried at 6 months ago and found it much harder to use than solidworks or
fusion360.  But I am friends with a large company here that designs and
builds custom machines and exports them around the world.  they use alibre
for everything so it must be pretty capable.  (they even have a machine
shop in america.  (this is just a little old new zealand company remember)

anyway how did you find the learning curve.  I am really keen to start
using something that is not cloud based like fusion 360.  I think as a
company running a machine shop relying on autodesk halfway across the world
to keep my data safe is not a good thing.  No matter what they say about
it.  and if there is a good alternative I am all ears.  I really dislike
cloud software.  fusion 360 is awesome and I really like it.  I will
probably always use it for some things that alibre cam can't do.  and the
price is right  but once again cloud software is a big no no in my book

regards

Andrew

the

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 5:31 PM John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com>