> From: Chris Albertson [mailto:albertson.ch...@gmail.com]

> THose parts, even the $2.80 development board are gross overkill for an ELS
> system.   They have hardware quadrature counting up to a few MHz. and an
> available real-time OS if you want.real

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this.  I think your definition of an
ELS appears to be different from mine.   Plus I no longer care if I make
something that requires a minimum of a BSc in Computer Science to understand
and modify.

In reality the market for any sort of custom pendant is now pretty well zero.
There are those who will build something from an Arduino or a Pi.  But they
won't sell thousands or even hundreds.

I still like my ShuttleExpress on my MACH3 CNC router.   I'd buy another.
http://www.contourdesign.ca/product/shuttlexpress/

I've got one of those far east MPG pendants on the LinuxCNC/MACH3 dual boot
system.  Works with either.  I finally got the display for the MODIO and I've
had that working with MACH3.  Have yet to try the Modbus side of things for
LinuxCNC.
It's like this one except wired.  Not wireless and I think it cost me $65.
https://www.amazon.ca/Autek-Wireless-Mac-Mach-Pendant-Handwheel/dp/B078HX2RM3/ref=sr_1_19

Other than the price of the processor, what is it specifically that you don't
like about the TMS320F28379D.

John