My TI Delfino F28379D Launchpad kit just arrived.  This has dual processors,
dual floating point units, QEI modules, CAN bus and a fair amount of memory.
And around $40 with shipping.  There's lots of support for using these as AC
Servo motor controllers but I'm still looking at ELS replacements for my PIC18F
series board and potentially that ELS-MILL unit which in many ways would be
more like a smart pendent.

https://www.ti.com/tool/LAUNCHXL-F28379D

It doesn't have Ethernet but can be a USB device.   Or for that matter a SPI
bus device.

I'll post progress reports under a different subject line once I find more than
5 minutes to play with it.

John Dammeyer