Hi Peter,

I'm far more interested in the dual processor TMS320F28379D than the ST family.

I've already ported my ELS code over to a PIC32 and through a buffer board have
a 40 pin ribbon cable plugged in place of the PIC18F.

It will be trivial to lay out a board that does this and uses the
PIC32MK1024MCF064 which has 6 quadrature encoder devices, four CAN modules,
PWM for motor control etc.  And since I have an ICD-4 for programming and
debugging I can't see changing to a different family that wouldn't do anything
different.  And it's only $7.30 Cdn. in singles.

The PIC32 is 120MHz.  Single core and currently executes the ELS interrupt
routine in under 3uS.  The PIC18 took 35uS which is what limited my max step
rate to 20kHz.  You might remember the issues I had with your step to 10V
module requiring 25kHz to reach 10V.  I still have that in a box somewhere.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the 200Mhz F28379D will also not require much time.
But that's the experiment.  Once I figure out how to use this new IDE for the
TI device I'll port the ELS code to it.

I believe with most far more interested in an electronic gearing Arduino the
market for any sort of sophisticated ELS is zero.

John