The ppmc.0.encoder.03.index pin is something I can halscope easily enough.  I
was having a little trouble getting used to the halscope interface, and without
a signal that I know will repeat every revolution, it’s hard to be sure you’re
not just missing it with your scope parameters.

I’m sure the machine is homed because I tried to run G33.1 and it wouldn’t run
the command with the machine un-homed.  I can’t say with certainty I have
enough travel but I do have far more travel than was being used.

I’ll take a look at the machine grounding and may re-wire some of it this
week/weekend, but I am aware of star grounding.  The only possibility I can
think of off hand is that I may have created a ground loop through the machine
by connecting the power cabinet ground bolt to the control cabinet ground bolt
via a wired connection.  Both cabinets are bolted to the machine so they’re
also grounded via the machine.  I did the conversion 8 years ago, so I’m a
little fuzzy on the details of how I ran the grounds.