On 07/21/2020 10:14 AM, Matthew Herd wrote:
The ppmc.0.encoder.03.index pin is something I can halscope easily enough.  I
was having a little trouble getting used to the halscope interface, and without
a signal that I know will repeat every revolution, it’s hard to be sure you’re
not just missing it with your scope parameters.
Well, the way the index pin works, it will stay true until read, so it will always be one sample wide.
I’m sure the machine is homed because I tried to run G33.1 and it wouldn’t run
the command with the machine un-homed.  I can’t say with certainty I have
enough travel but I do have far more travel than was being used.
OK, if true, then that kills the only idea I had. But, the index function of the encoder would NOT have caused the crazy results you showed in the video. Maybe some halscope traces of the G33.1
would make what happened more obvious.

Note that Z moving downward is a -Z move.

Jon