hey guys

I have a relatively high speed machine (3kw motors 16mm pitch ballscrews)
 35mm linear rails, and weights 5.8 ton.  I think it used to go 20m/min
with the heidenhain control.  I have been noticing a bit of jumping around
when doing parallel finishing 3d passed on it at high speed.  and talked to
a couple of linuxcnc guys and found out that linuxcnc doesn't have any jerk
control.  just sending out a email here seeing what the current progress is
on that.

at high speed high precision linuxcnc definitely needs some work at some
stage.

apart from this I am completely happy with linuxcnc.  this would be a nice
thing to solve though.  and if someone with the right skills wanted to fix
it I would be happy as to chip in to pay something for the time.  as I run
a business in my machine shop where everything runs linuxcnc

in the mean time I will try to get around the issue by programming in cam

regards

Andrew