Looking at schematics or equations at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armature_Controlled_DC_Motor for a DC motor it
could be seen armature voltage may be changed instantly while current take some
time to change because of inductance in rotor marked "L rotor". To change motor
speed require torque which depend on armature current while position is
intergration of velocity. Acceleration depend on torque which depend on current
so derivative of acceleration depend on derivative of current which may be
controlled by voltage, this should conclude jerk may be changed instantly but
then there are imperfections in real system.

If I remember it correct there is motion profiles in CANopen standard CiA417
called jerk limited ramp there jerk could be changed instantly and this should
correspond to what is possible to achieve according to electric motor equation,
elasticity in drive line will add further smoothnes.

There is also something about it in CANopen standard CiA402, it is stated
velocity is a third degree polynomial for both jerk free ramp and jerk limited
ramp so jerk is a linear function and only difference I find between them is
there is a maximum limit on jerk. At least me need to read them carefully, last
time I might have intepreted figures wrong so numbers did not added up.

Oddly enough I expect some elasticity in CiA417 which is for elevators so jerk
free ramp is what is possible to achieve according to equations while jerk
limited ramp as in CiA 417 as a second option would make sense in CiA 402 which
is for servo motors.

Nicklas SB Karlsson