> >   I have been noticing a bit of jumping around
> > when doing parallel finishing 3d passed on it at high speed.
>
> I wonder what effect could be had by rate-limiting the PID output to
> the motors?

Integrator should ideally have anti-windup. Know about and how it should be
implemented? Otherwise I could write down equations in discrete or z-transform
form?

Implementation should be simple once case equations are written down but even
though I studied quite many math courses at University I always need some time
to get it correct.

> You would expect it to increase following-error (but possibly only
> along the path, where it has less effect on geometry)

Yes, this is because it limit rate of change also for small changes, pretty
sure it also get non-linear. Not sure if it is a good idea but are sure
anti-windup is a good idea.

Nicklas SB Karlsson