THat is a great idea but did you see the designer's disclaimer?   It
reads....

 I printed mine out of PLA and after about 15 minutes of high-speed use,
> the flexible gear cracked. Printing out of other materials may give a
> longer life, but really, any 3D printed gears are not really suitable for
> high speed or extended use.

I kind of disagree.   If you print spur gears large enough they last for
years.  I'm using modulo 2.0 gears in PLA for a system that is powered by a
NEMA23 motor.  It will last for years.

Another idea is to use TPU in place of the flex beams.  Or better by far is
a poured in polyurethane.    Ir filling the space with silicone seal.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 3:20 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 10:35, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
>
> > I hadn't thought of that, changing filament is a pita, but worth the
> > experiment.
>
> I think that I would be looking to  change the design. Where is it
> breaking?
>
> If you look at some other designs they incorporate flex-beams.
> https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2951164
> (Not the same type of harmonic drive, it uses two internal gears with
> the same diameter but different tooth counts)
> I think that the way to make the one you have more robust will be to
> make the strain gear more flexible (lower wall count, lower infil,
> probably the reverse of what you have been doing)
>
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is
> designed for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and
> lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California