On Wednesday 21 October 2020 19:33:54 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:18:37 -0400
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Emc-users] mesaflash problem, Peter plz comment

> >> There would normally not be a PWMGen on a 7I76 interface
> >> Except for specific firmware that replaces the stepgen with a
> >> PWMGen Like the 5i25_7i76_1px2d.bit. The 7I78 will always have a
> >> PWMGen for its spindle interface.
> >
> > But now I need a 2nd pwmgen, which with the other
> > 5i25_7i76_1px2d.bit file installed comes out where stepgen4 would
> > be.  But there is no dir from the 2nd one on p2 with that bit file
> > installed.  So I'm screwed either way,
> >
> > Can you fix the 5i25_7i76_1px2d.bit to make it work with 2 active,
> > independent pwmgen's? Or, since that bit file is old, has it been
> > fixed? But that file does not exist in the latest 5i25.zip. If you
> > can take that old file and make the 2nd pwmgen on p2 work, that
> > would be the simplest fix for me. A pair of complementary dir's
> > would be the icing on the cake.  That would allow it to control a
> > full H bridge.
>
> "1p" indicates that it just has 1 PWMGen
>
> Also that bitfile does not seem to be in the current distribution
>
> What do you actually need?

2 fully functional pwmgens, pwmgen.00 on the 7i76-tb3-05 and 06 which
would give me the complements to run an h-bridge for axis A, all showing
up one pins stolen from unused stepgen's 3 and 4 as I only need 3, and a
fully functional pwmgen.01 on the 5i25's p2 plug at pins 5 and 6 to
control the spindle. That would be the icing on the cake. Along with two
encoders and 3 stepgens.  And an accurate matching .pin file would be
nice.

> Are you sure you need complmentary directions
> (That is will the up/dowm PWM mode work?)
>
> > Thanks Peter.

> >> Peter Wallace
> >> Mesa Electronics
> >>
> >> (\__/)
> >> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> >> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --
> > soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

> Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

 - Louis D. Brandeis