ok just did some testing

when I flash the 5i25 with this 5i25_7i76x2.bit file it all works fine

this is just with the 7i76 connected up

when I try to connect up the 7i77 and flash this bit file
(5i25_7i76_7i77.bit)  into the 5i25 I get a issue

the 7i77 is coming up with a red led though in CR16  I read in the manual
that this goes red when there is a communication error with 5i25.

now I have just discovered that I powered the 7i77 with 5v and had the
polarity wrong so was trying to send -5v into 7i77.  I may have stuffed it
I suppose.  all the jumpered are set correctly but I may have created a
problem for myself

any thoughts or ideas sing out.

I have another brand new 7i77 I will try now and just see if that one
works.
.
the existing 7i77 worked last week when I was testing which is why I didn't
double check wiring lol