ok just did some more testing

I have two 7i76 cards connected up now and everything works  (using second
connector on 5i25 for extra 7i76)

I am wondering if I have broken the 7i77 I have which I ran 5v backwards
through.

is this possible to do and if it is would I expect a communication error as
a result of it?

If I have broken it that would be a bit sad haha