Got some nice toys there Andrew!

Mark

On 11/20/20 5:51 PM, andrew beck wrote:
awesome yep that is the plan

for those that are interested here is a quick update video on the progress
today after all the emails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JXQkm9tgWQ&feature=youtu.be

Gene if you can watch youtube you can see my machines in it.  I do a
overview of the shed

regards

Andrew

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 12:10 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:35, andrew beck <andrewbeck0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Now I want to update the firmware on the 5i25 so I can use it also
I don't know if you worked it out, but the 5i25_7i76_7i77 (etc)
firmwares _do_ need the cards to be on the designated headers.
That is why you can find a 5i25_7i76_7i77.bit and a 5i25_7i77_7i76.bit
file in the firmware pack.
( http://www.mesanet.com/software/parallel/5i25.zip )

and want to try out the 7i84 I have and see if the smart serial works ok
any thoughts guys?  whats the easiest way
Simplest is to chop one end off of a Cat5 cable, strip back the cores
and wire into the Smart Serial port on the 7i76.
(I am pretty sure that the 7i76 manual says which terminal block it
is, and which wire goes where)

--
atp
lunatics."