A google search brings this up.

http://blog.machinekit.io/p/hardware-capes.html

I believe this one is still available.
http://xylotex.netfirms.com/OSCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=146&osCsid=b1c8a413d99cd8dd006bc517f67c18cb

I have the older one.  I would have used the Beagle for my Mill but the
enabling wiring was backwards for NC limit switches IIRC.  And ultimately for
me, not enough I/O.

I'm a big proponent of using a Break Out Board (BoB) for the interface between
whatever automation system you choose and the physical hardware.  It generally
provides the terminal strips and often the buffering and a DB-25 or 26 pin
header (or two) out to the control system.

So at the moment, I could plug my BBB with Xylotex cape and MachineKit into the
BoB and run the system.  I can connect with the Parallel Port on the PC and
then dual boot windows with MACH3 or LinuxCNC and evaluate behaviours.

Or taking it one step further, using an Ethernet connected MESA 7i92H and
LinuxCNC running on either the PC or a Raspberry Pi4.  Sadly MESA has never
interfaced to even the Windows newer MACH4 so an Ethernet SmoothStepper would
be required for that.  And it's about twice the price of the MESA board.

So the questions to ask yourself are:
1. Beagle ($43) + Xylotex cape ($25) and still some sort of BoB  (MachineKit)
2. Raspberry Pi4 with 2GB ($49) + MESA 7i92H ($89) and still some sort of BoB
(LinuxCNC)

Without a doubt the Beagle approach is cheaper until you factor in two parallel
port connections with the MESA and only one with BBB.

John