On Friday 25 December 2020 15:27:39 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Dec 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 15:03:43 -0500
> > From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
> > To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> > Subject: [Emc-users] for PCW
> >
> > Greetings and Merry Christmas.
> >
> > The 7i76 manual has mention of modes 0, 1, and 2 for reading the
> > analog voltages applied to the first 4 inputs.
> >
> > But no place in that lengthy manual does it mention how to switch it
> > so this mode 1 is enabled so as to enable that ability.
>
> The hostmot2 man page has the information
>
> basically you set the mode with a token/value pair
> in the hm2_xxx driver command line like:
>
> sserial_port_0=23xxxxxx

I must have asked that once before, as its already there in the form of
sserial_port_0=1xxx already.

And a halmeter does show the first 4 ports as having an analogin_0 thru
3. Looks like I need to net it to a scale and feed it to a near for
spindle-at_speed and the tach. But a nephew brought over some Christmas
dinner, enough for about 3 meals, so my next step is under the covers
for a nap.

Thanks Peter.

> (this sets sserial port 0 channel 0 to mode 2 and channel 1 to mode 3)
>
> > And it does output a 0-9.9 volt signal for a 0 to 397 HZ input on
> > the vfd's VO terminal.  So where do I put this mysterious "mode 1"
> > ???
> >
> > Thanks Peter.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --
> > soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> > If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> > respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

> Peter Wallace
> Mesa Electronics
>
> (\__/)
> (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
> (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

 - Louis D. Brandeis