On Saturday 26 December 2020 18:54:09 Gene Heskett wrote:

A clarifying post for the list archive that might help someone else.

After reading several different versions of the manual I've found online,
and killing another tree for hard copy BIG enough to read, it becomes
obvious that the common point reference for the speed input AND the
MultiFunction terminal labeled VO in my unit, all use the AGM terminal
as a commom reference, while the FWD(RUN in my case)/REV are referenced
to the DCM terminal.

Said another way, the AGM terminal MUST be grounded to the 7i76 GND bus
in order to give the A2D's on the first 4 inputs a ground to read the VO
output against, and it was not the way I had it wired, it was floating.
The controls don't care. This is discovered only after a carefull
perusal of the block wiring only partially shown in the manuals.

 - Louis D. Brandeis