well,

I don't expect companies to give me stuff for free of course, they produce software for a market, to make money, I am just not in that market. I read that a license, per year, if not mistaken, is $495, and you can use it for free for a year (1st year ?). That is of course a good deal, for a machine shop.

I am not in that market, hobbyist here, and a beginning one, so yeah  $495 a year, at this point not something I'd consider. In my case it would probably come down to $200 $300 for the 2 parts I might make with it, a year.

I am using Freecad, and for the mill it does what I want it to do, and probably much more. It seems though that for some reason it is easier to find software that can do things on a mill, but not on a lathe.