On 2/3/21 2:14 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 18:18, R C <cjv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been busy for a while with that pay check thing, and didn't have
much time to look into  creating g-code, that I can use  in linux cnc
for a lathe.
It's worth pointing out that now that LinuxCNC has G71 and G72 you
might not need CAM.

right,  I looked at that, a while back.

If you can hand-code the desired profile then the repeated cuts etc
are all done by the cycle.

I know how to code, from micro controller to clusters,  but this "g-code thing" is a different animal.  And I imagine,  that it would take a lot of drawing and coding on paper, you know,  like the 1970's Univaxes...

It seems more convenient, esier, less error prone, less crashing tools in the chuck, work etc,  to do it with a CAD program, and have it generate  g-code.

Be aware that the built-in version in Master uses a different set of
control words to the Python remap version that can run on earlier
versions.

Uhm,   I don't ven understand what it is you just said ....

I am still searching for something that  works for me the easiest, but  as I said, it is a beginning hobby for me, so I am not pressured for time.