3D printing fixtures to hold things you've 3D printed can be done the same way.
Put two cubes side by side with a bit of gap between. Position the object at
the divide so that it's half embedded in each cube, with no undercuts. Subtract
the object from both cubes. Print the cubes and you have blocks to clamp in a
vise to hold the object for more operations like drilling, tapping, pressing in
threaded inserts etc.

    On Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:53:55 AM MDT, Chris Albertson