On Saturday 20 March 2021 09:57:11 Sam Sokolik wrote:

> 36 hours - For this purpose I think we are good.
>
> http://electronicsam.com/images/greenmachine/IMG_20210320_072206.jpg
>
> Next I think a destructive torque test and then maybe some actual
> cutting...  I need to finish the face plate first though.

Looking pretty good Sam, but the color of the lube I can see makes me
want the recipe.

FWIW, some of the first failure may be from the UNK lube migrating out of
those huge bearings, this stuff is known to do strange things when
exposed to petroleum based Lubes, even if just the fumes. I've seen and
used the vegetbale grease sold as crisco and gotten away with it for
limited time.

That has the looks of something with moly or graphite in it?

Can you share that info?

Thank you Sam S.

 - Louis D. Brandeis