I looked into this and have the trial version.  I'm currently using AlibreCAD
and the now discontinued AlibreCAM with 4 axis support.  My costs are way more
than the $495 Fusion for that and it appears to offer 4 and 5 Axis CAM support.
  Also PCBs and Schematics for which my renwal costs have now climbed to I
think $7000.  (And no I'm not renewing for that price).

Either Mecsoft or Alibre, not sure who decided to no longer support AlibreCAM
and I can migrate my AlibreCAM license to stand alone Mecsoft VisualCAM that
accepts STP files as input.

AFAIK The down side of the non-integrated versions are that if you decide you
need one more reference line or circle or plane to make the milling easier you
need to enter your CAD package and add that change.  Save as STP file and then
rerun the CAM.  And there's the problem.  Also that work you put into CAM is
now gone.  You have to start again.  With the combined AlibreCAD/CAM you do
lose the surfaces you've used to guide the milling but not the tools and
profiles and everything else.

So.  I guess the question isn't so much as to whether Fusion360 is free but how
easy is it to move back and forth between CAD and CAM and local storage of
_all_ drawings and files and if you pay their $495 per year do you really get 4
and 5 axis milling operations.   And how good is it compared to VisualCAM from
MecSoft?

John Dammeyer