Chris,
How many 3 1/2" drive bays do these have?

A lot of the HP PCs were very well made.   I've worked on some that have been running industrial software for 10+ years non stop running Windows XP and they are just now dying.    One plant I was at bought a bunch of refurbs just to use as spares running the same Windows XP based software!   Updating the software is very expensive compared to the hardware, so they just bought a large amount of hardware to swap out over the next 10 years or so.    By the time all of the hardware dies, most of them will be retired!

I suspect this is fairly common in mature manufacturing plants.