John.  I love the Chinese servos too.

And totally agree going direct to manafacture is much better.

I buy my servos with absolute encoders now.

1300000 ppr I think.  Or might be 130000.

Just a basic 750w servo 220v servo drive plus motor costs me about $220 usd
last I checked.  (this is with just standard 2500ppr encoders)

I normally buy bigger ones like 3kw

Absolute encoders are a extra 50usd

And service is amazing.

Case in point I was setting up some kollmorgen servo star drives last
week.  Support was nothing like as good as the Chinese support lol.  (they
will do anything to help)

I'm thinking I Might bring in a pallet load to New Zealand and sell them
here as shipping by air is so expensive.